Head of Procurement
Eden Scott’s client is a leading food manufacturer based in the Scottish Highlands. We are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Procurement from within the manufacturing sector. Previous food manufacturing experience would be advantageous.
As Procurement Manager you will develop and deliver effective procurement strategies, policies, ensuring that procurement is aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Provide effective leadership to the procurement team whilst identifying training and development needs.
- Manage the procurement budget and produce forecasts and reports.
- Lead the Value Engineering Team in identifying and realising cost reduction opportunities.
- Take a strategic role in the development and delivery of Operations objectives and performance indicators, ensuring that data is collated, analysed, reported, and actioned as appropriate.
- Ensure consolidated supplier base has the capacity and capability, or adequately plans, to support business forecast.
- Ensure supplier SLA’s are in place and facilitate the identification of areas of improved service and/or cost reduction.
- Host regular strategic reviews with local supplier base to monitor performance and trading relations and to agree mutual direction.
- Ensure H&S compliance of all Procurement staff.
- Previous procurement experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent contracts experience.
- Experience around Vendor Rating Systems & Tenders.
- Effective leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Ability to develop and mentor an efficient and affective team.
- Ability to find innovative, cost effective solutions to business challenges.
- Record of achievement in securing efficiency savings.
- Sound experience of using IT systems and technology.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Ideally Degree qualified and CIPS.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Alasdair Murray on 0131 550 1117.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.