Head of Technical
Eden Scott’s client is a leading food manufacturer based in the Scottish Highlands. We are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Technical to strategically manage the technical agenda and retailer relationships.
As Head of Technical you will ensure that the food safety management systems, resources and facilities at work or in use by the business are in such a condition to ensure that the client produces safe and legal food of a quality demanded by the customer.
- Management of HACCP within the business.
- Ensure that all products satisfy all applicable legislation and standards with regard to safety, quality and legality.
- Ensuring that the client’s Food Safety and Quality Management Systems are live documents that are of use, and in use within the business.
- Ensuring that the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems are complaint with all relevant legislation and 3rd Party & Customer Standards and Policies.
- Ensuring that all Staff within the Technical Department are fully trained commensurate with their activities and level of responsibility.
- Horizon scanning for emerging product safety risks.
- Customer liaison.
- Ideally degree qualified in Food Science.
- Food Safety and HACCP qualified – ideally to Level 4.
- Previous experience of running a technical department and associated budgets.
- In depth knowledge of 3rd Party Standards particularly BRC.
- Previous experience within a chilled, added value retail product category.(Preferred)
- First class communication and presentation skills at all levels.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Alasdair Murray on 0131 550 1117.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.