£attractive + car + package
Clearly acknowledged as a market leader in their sector, our client is a highly successful business and brand – delivering a range of chilled, ambient and frozen quality ingredients and finished products to their customers within the food industry sector.
The Role and Responsibilities:
Enjoying extensive liaison with customers and responsible for the effective management and ongoing development of a specific range of products, this is a broad based role, encompassing supplier management and product launches, as well as offering wider support for all food safety issues across all technical matters.
- Provide support, guidance and expertise to the procurement & category team in context of supplier selection, supplier expertise, product quality attributes and control parameters which will successfully contribute to exceeding customer expectations, growing sales and profit.
- Stay abreast of industry challenges, issues and developments, sharing insight within the technical, category & procurements teams to mitigate impact and support sales growth.
- Effective supplier management from initial selection & approval through conducting site visits, setting clear technical expectations, providing guidance & support, issuing performance updates and instigate joint business/improvement plans.
- Maintain the approved supplier database, complete due diligence visits as required ensuring visit reports are documented and all non-conformances are effective closed out.
- Maintain up to date specifications for all products.
- Generate and approve own brand artwork.
- Instigate a robust quality assessment programme for product range.
To succeed, you’ll need to have the technical skills and expertise that sets you apart from the rest. In short, extensive experience of quality/technical management, ideally with fresh high care products, which must encompass compressive knowledge of the full product supply chain. Above all, however, we’ll be seeking a passionate leader and a proven industry professional from a retail, foodservice or manufacturing background, with the necessary stature and vision to really make a significant long term contribution to this business.
- Food Science/Technology degree or similar.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Knowledge of effective quality management & HACCP systems.
- Knowledge of European and UK legislation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Well-organized and effective project management skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly