£40,000-£45,000 + benefits
This is an opportunity for a career focused, ambitious and decisive Technical/Quality professional to join a leading businesses in the UK food industry. Working as a Product Technologist you will have responsibilities vital to the smooth and successful running of this national food business.
- Managing relationships with customers and suppliers in terms of technical support and information, i.e. specifications, artwork approval
- Visit supplier sites to audit/ensure compliance and to provide technical support during trials and 1st production runs and ensure standard work practices are in place at all time.
- Work closely with the NPD team to ensure critical paths are met
- Benchmarking and quality monitoring
- Be the expert in the produce category and the ‘go to’ person
- Degree qualified in a food technology or Agronomy related subject.
- Experience of working within the Fresh Produce sector is essential
- Practical auditing skills - lead auditor desirable
- Knowledge & experience of HACCP and BRC
- Experience of working with and managing Quality Manual Systems and specification writing
- High attention to detail and good relationship building skills
- Full UK driving licence