Eden Scott’s client is a leading ambient food manufacturer supplying a range of products to the UK retail market. Due to expansion and growth we are looking to recruit an experienced QA to support the Head of Technical across the site.
Reporting to the Head of Technical your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with Senior Management Team to develop, coordinate and supervise all programmes such as Food Safety, HACCP, TACCP, VACCP, GMPs and prerequisite programs.
- Supervising production/operations and identifying any quality issues during the production process.
- Managing the development and enforcement of manufacturing practices/procedures and supervising/monitoring all QC instruments to ensure that they are all up to date and calibrated (scales, thermometers, metal detectors).
- Working with suppliers to identify ingredient specifications and quality assurance issues.
- Assisting in the development of new products.
- Managing both internal and external audits.
- Completing basic laboratory tasks, such as swabbing & water sampling.
- Maintaining, updating and improving quality manuals & HACCP plans.
- Managing customer complaints and developing strategies to reduce complaints and improve quality standards.
To be successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous QA experience within food manufacturing.
- Ideally Degree qualified or an SVQ equivalent in Food & Drink
- Food Hygiene
- Experience of supplying products to the UK major retailers.
- BRC experience
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Alasdair Murray on 0131 550 1117.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.