Raw Materials & Process Technician
Eden Scott’s client is a leading food manufacturer supplying branded and own label products to the UK, Europe and International markets from multiple sites throughout the UK.
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be responsible for the control, monitoring and analysis of key functional ingredients through intake testing and reporting on results. Manage non-conforming raw materials by the rigorous application of specifications and rejecting non-conforming goods back to the supplier.
- Testing key functional ingredients to ensure compliance to agreed specification.
- Communicating test results on a batch by batch basis to operations to ensure waste is as low as possible.
- Managing non-conforming raw material, ensuring its rejection back to the supplier and monitoring subsequent corrective action by the supplier.
- Utilise and maintain the raw material database.
- Manage raw material intake to ensure traceability and batch number segregation.
- The construction & maintenance of internal systems that relates to control & approval of raw materials within manufacturing
- Make recommendations for spec changes within raw material specifications as part of annual reviews.
- Assist with authorisation of raw material changes to support the procurement category buyer
- Support and respond to internal and external audits as required
- To comply with all H&S procedures
- Minimum 1 year experience in similar role
- Manufacturing knowledge & experience
- Knowledge of Food Manufacturing Standard and Technical requirements
- Knowledge of ingredient functionality and application
- Recognised Food Science qualification
- Ability to influence Operational quality standards through effective process controls
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Alasdair Murray on 0131 550 1117.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
Apply for Raw Materials & Process Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly