Group Technical Manager
My client is a well established Food Manufacturer and last year was highlighted as one of the fastest growing UK Suppliers within the Food Industry! With a professional yet friendly outlook, now is an excellent time to join this successful business...
Overall purpose of the role:
Overall responsibility for the technical and Quality functions of the business from product specification, nutritionals and packaging through production processes, HACCP controls, BRC AA accreditation and customer audit controls. Leading technical and QM teams in delivering compliance across all functions/departments.
Reporting into the Managing Director main responsibilities include:
• Leading external key retailer/BRC/Customer Audits. – Key responsibility.
• Management of Technical/QM departments to achieve overall technical strategy.
• Manage and improve HACCP critical control compliance – key responsibility.
• Work closely with internal departments, QM, NPD, Production etc to ensure technical excellence adopted across the business.
• Mange the complaints process, execute plans to achieve year on year reductions.
• Have ownership of Product Knowledge/Allergen control/Nutritional information and maintenance to meet Legislation/policies.
• Participation in production meetings to provide guidance and leadership on the delivery of technical excellence.
• Oversee training/planning of supervisors and operatives on process change and improvements though QM and Technical teams to achieve standards.
• Have ownership of Product Specification control and maintenance.
• Manage raw material quality and compliance & welfare & supplier assurance, approval list and audits.
• Have ownership of relevant information in line with product specifications.
• Ensure year on year technical improvements
• Proven technical track record within a food manufacturing environment with exposure to working with the major multiples.
• Self-motivated individual, with a proactive and investigative approach to tasks.
• Showing innovative and enthusiastic leadership skills with strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• BRC/Customer/retailer audit experience essential
• Able to empower and influence managers and supervisors at all levels to adopt new methodology and mindset.
• Educated to degree/HND level or equivalent in food tech related subject.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills.
• Excellent written and spoken skills.
• Ability to use Excel, Microsoft Word.
Bonus, Pension, Healthcare, Fuel Cover, 28 Days holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.