Senior Quality Assurance Consultants - McDonald's Restaurants Ltd - London
De Lacy Executive seeks a Senior Quality Assurance Consultant to be based in the McDonald's Restaurants Ltd head office in East Finchley, London.
As one of the world's largest and most recognisable restaurant chains McDonald's in the UK serves more than 3 million customers every day from its 1250 restaurants. The Company has a world-class team of individuals in their head offices that support the business to achieve exceptional results. The company has an unprecedented reputation as an employer of choice and has been recognised for its diversity, as well as the contribution made to local communities.
Reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance and Nutrition, you will be responsible in assuring the Safety, Quality and Legality of Food products through the entire McDonalds system from suppliers to their customers. You will support relevant business initiatives and work with the Head of QA in establishing departmental processes and strategy.
Candidates will possess a proven background in QA, ideally acquired in a retail or manufacturing environment. An innovative team leader, you will be an excellent communicator, customer focussed with the ability to build relationships with both suppliers and supply chain personnel.
This role offers excellent career progression prospects within a dynamic business for ambitious individuals wishing to develop into senior management.
The role & responsibilities:
· Proactively manage key supplier accounts for local country suppliers.
· Oversee the management of all major and minor supplier accounts.
· Liaise with European Quality Directors on specific supplier accounts, for core suppliers.
· Manage key departmental systems, e.g. quality systems manual, Merlin, crisis manual.
· To be the first point of contact for all departments on all product quality issues in the absence of the QA Manager.
· Completion and responsibility for relevant supplier reviews and targets.
· Strategic development of QA 3 year plan and action plans within the department to instigate and manage departmental change.
· Management of Special Projects
· Line management of a team of QA Consultants
· Development of departmental budget with QA Manager
· Degree in Food Technology or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the food industry is essential
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
· Good IT skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
· Proven man management experience
· Strong customer focus
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Strong planning and organisational skills
· Project Management experience
· Auditing knowledge and experience will be an advantage
· Knowledge of the fresh produce sector would be beneficial but is not essential
A highly competitive salary dependant on experience plus benefits inclusive of bonus, car/allowance, London weighting, private healthcare and pension
If you feel you have the right qualities and would like to become part of McDonald's success, please email a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com or for more information please call Amanda Latham on Office: 01885 483440, DDI: 01885 485524 or Mobile: 07730 218934
Our client has strictly requested that all application are submitted to Amanda Latham at De Lacy Executive and not directly to the company.
Please e-mail your CV and a covering letter (in Word or RTF format please, not PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call: Amanda Latham on Office: 01885 483440, DDI: 01885 485524, Mobile: 07730 218934
Please be assured that all calls are treated in complete confidence
De Lacy Executive is the agricultural recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business and Land-based Business Sectors and was established in 2000. We are experienced practical and supply trade agriculturalists who have developed an agricultural recruitment practice based on high ethical standards - we are approved members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which oversees the UK's recruitment industry (REC Membership Number: 00082047).
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview
Registered with and complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act. www.delacyexecutive.co.uk