Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire
Salary: £45-47k, Bonus, H/c, Pension
Are you a super talented Lab Manager looking for their next challenge ? This is a real opportunity for an exceptional Laboratory Manager to join the Senior Quality Team at their state of the art laboratory. This is where the magic happens, they develop and make their world-famous products here and you would be part of it. They need someone who not only is a great scientist but who also enjoys managing a team of talented analysts across 3 departments (2 labs). It's a great role with a great business ..
- We're looking for a Quality/ Laboratory Manager who has a real passion for science who has ideally worked in the Food & Drink Manufacturing and has managed teams of analysts
- You will have a strong Lab management background, and can demonstrate successful leadership skills and exposure to Lean/ CI
- You will have a relevant science based degree (microbiology/ chemistry/food science)
- You will can use your own initiative and be a strong decision maker.
- You'll be commercially astute, have strong analytical skills and be IT literate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Group Quality Manager you will have full responsibility for microbiology and analytical chemistry teams, you will manage the day to day analytical work carried out in the laboratory to support the business units, contract fillers and raw materials/ingredients suppliers.
- Responsible for Quality and ensuring work is carried out to the highest standard, recorded as required to ensure GMP traceability and reported in a timely and professional manner. Deal with any complaint management and resolution.
- Your role also encompasses the management of contractual operations, maintenance and progression of the laboratory's quality systems, maintenance of the health and safety programme and laboratory budgetary responsibilities.
- As a part of your role as Laboratory Manager, you will work with your teams to ensure both personal and team performance through development reviews, including objective setting and personal development plans are carried out in accordance with company procedure.
- As Lab Manager, you will ensure all staff are trained in departmental methods and techniques and be accountable for maintaining a compliant training programme.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref MC2828 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 01485 520000