7 days left
- Contract Type
We have a great opportunity for a Technical Operator at our site in Leeds.
You will work in partnership with Line Support Operators, Hygiene Operatives, Shift Managers and members of the Engineering team to ensure the safe and efficient running of operational assets. This is a key role within the Operations team and the post-holder will have principal responsibility for at least one asset within the production process covering health and safety, quality, hygiene and asset care.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity at a forward thinking organisation, please submit your application by 31st July 2017.Main responsibilities
- Promote a good health, safety and environment culture
- Deliver area productivity and efficiency targets
- Resolve problems and issues as they arise
- Produce product in line with agreed plan
- Continuously monitor the operational process and production environment to ensure all activities comply with food safety legislation and good manufacturing practices such as clean as you go
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment to highlight trends and issues to ensure asset performance is consistent and reliable
- Carry out basic maintenance on assigned asset(s)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to training and personal development
- Good basic education, must be numerate and literate
- Level 2 Health and Safety (will be provided on site)
- Level 2 Food Safety (will be provided on site)
- The ability to liaise effectively with team members, team leaders and managers
- Must be flexible with an eye for details and have excellent organisation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Full understanding of processes and product quality standards
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- During off peak periods (January to September) we operate Monday to Friday on a rotating days, afternoons and nights basis (5 x 8 hour shifts).
- During peak periods (October to December) we operate 7 days per week on a rotating days and nights basis (4 x 12 hour shifts).
- Average contracted hours across the year total 42 hours per week.
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn't stop at being the world's largest sandwich produce, we're looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.
Greencore Grocery Leeds is the UK's largest Own Brand supplier of frozen Toad in the Hole and Yorkshire Puddings. We supply major grocery retail multiples, food service, major frozen food manufacturers, wholesales, multiple caterers and high street chains and pub companies.