Looking for a new challenge? Our client, based in West Midlands is seeking an NPD Manager.
This role is for a confident and strong NPD candidate to manage every aspect of the product development process and beyond. Working closely with the relevant Marketing, Technical and Commercial departments to drive overall sales and profit through innovative product development.
- Management of elements of the critical path from concept through to launch to ensure products launch on time every time
- Responsible for costing and creating commercially viable concepts
- Relationship building with the customer to help with influencing key decisions and decision makers.
- Motivate and develop the development team
- To constantly challenge existing product specifications, recipes and processes in order to drive quality improvements and reduce costs where possible.
- Attending and assisting when needed in production trials and first production runs
- Work with Processing to produce samples for nutritional and shelf life trials; arranging organoleptic tastings throughout life
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of what is happening in the wider market for both our category and broader food trends
- Degree qualified in Food Science or related discipline
- Experience with ambient or bakery ideally.
- Previous management experience of NPD team, preferably within Food Manufacturing
- Excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills
This is a Monday to Friday role with a salary circa £55,000 + package!
If this role is of interest, please call Amy at D R Newitt on 0161 833 0181. Alternatively, please email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for NPD Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly