Bombay Halwa Limited was established in 1973 and since then there have been many developments in the following years.
The business has grown in a number of ways: starting as the original UK producer of Indian sweets and savoury mixes under the Royal brand and is now a leading producer for varied markets.
Job specification for Specification Technologist:
- Compile Customer Product Specifications and review and update them as required.
- Completion of Quality Attribute sheets and any other Technical documentation required by the customer.
- Compile and maintain Raw Material Specifications, get approval ffrom Supplier and Head of Technical. Co-ordinate with supplier to procure COA/COC of raw material received. Ensure raw material specifications are up dated from time to time.
- Ensure BHL’s food safety and quality objectives are met at all times.
- Keep abreast of legislation to ensure company compliance and communicate any changes internally.
- Assist in the benchmarking of products to ensure Technical Compliance to specification.
- Ensure new products are analyzed according to customer requirements for Nutrition and Shelf life.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working with specifications – retailers (Waitrose, JS & Tesco)
- Sound knowledge of Nutricalc and labelling legislation
- Thorough understanding of company products
- Working knowledge of Food and Hygiene polices
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work on own initiative
- Planning and Organizing
- Self development and continuing personal development
- Ability to efficiently manage time and meet all deadlines
Other Working Relationships
- Line Supervisors
- Technical Department
- Engineering/management staff
- Health and Safety Officer
Problems and Key Features
- Problem Solving Skills
- Adherence with quality control
Apply for Specification Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly