Production Shift Manager - Ambient Foods - Kent
7 days left
- Contract Type
In the role of Production Shift Manager you will be looking after the day to day running of the Production unit, in this role you will be directly working alongside the Senior Leadership team to implement new methods of efficiency within the business.
The perfect business to join if you're looking for a fast-paced, learning environment - an opportunity to join a Blue Chip business who are looking to grow there current Production team for the next generation of Managers within the business.
- Ensure a safe environment is created for the team and raising matters that have the potential compromise safety as they arise
- Carry out pre-checks & cleaning tasks before production start-up and ensuring the plant is ready for production.
- Completion of documentation, reporting downtime, and general plant operation.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the plant during the shift with feedback to the production manager and other shift teams as appropriate.
- Manage the team to carry out their roles effectively keeping the plant running deal.
- Manage staff issues before escalating them to the Production Manager,
- Ensure production targets are met including adherence to technical standards
- Monitor achievement of key performance indicators to include quality, waste management, efficiency's and output
- Identify training needs within the team ensuring a plan is in place to address this
- Support in the recruitment of new team members
- Ensure return to work interviews are completed following team member absence
As the Production Shift Manager you will have a previous background working within FMCG Food Production.
Experience within: packaging, pharmaceutical, health & beauty or anything which is manufacturing a product is very advantageous.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, bonus scheme, premium working days and training with a Food Manufacturing leader.