Reporting to the Group HSE Manager you will be responsible for championing Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) management on site and actively promote a safety culture. In addition you will develop and implement a SHE plan which satisfies company, legal and site requirements and drive continuous improvement across the site.
Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing are working in partnership with a UK Food Manufacturing and Production Business in the Lancashire area who are in the market for a HSE Manager. This business is one of the key player is food manufacturing in the UK who employ over 2,000 people around three main UK manufacturing facilities.
Key Responsibilities for HSE Manager:
- Advising senior management of the relevant safety, health and environmental legislation which applies to the company's activities and the implications of such legislation.
- Managing the site HSE systems, ensuring continued adherence to the OHSAS 18001standard and legislative requirements.
- Providing all the necessary information to ensure that all employees understand HSE policies.
- Co-ordinating risk assessments, HSE audits and inspections.
- Monitoring, co-ordinating and reporting accidents and near miss statistics within the company and where necessary to the enforcing authorities defined under the RIDDOR regulations.
- Ensuring that all necessary documents and records are kept up to date.
- Liaising closely with all departments on site to assist in the implementation of HSE controls.
- Assisting in arranging effective means of informing, consulting and involving employees in HSE matters.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of emergency procedures and practices.
- Arranging and facilitating regular meetings to enable adequate consultation and generate action plans.
- Liaising with the Hygiene Manager with regards to the supply and issue of suitable and sufficient personal protective equipment (P.P.E.).
- Ensuring all relevant records are kept and stored for the required period of time.
- Organising and co-ordinating visits to site by the enforcing authority (HSE) and other third parties.
- Keeping up to date with legislation.
- NEBOSH or NTU Health and Safety Diploma.
- Membership of IOSH (CMOSH desirable).
- Certificate in Environmental Management.
- Membership of IEMA.
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role.
- Proven track record of implementing and maintaining Health & Safety within a FMCG/food manufacturing facility.
- Strong influencing qualities.
- Good communication skills to allow clear communication to all levels of the business.
- Ability to analyse data and produce daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deadlines.
- A passion for achieving good results.
- A positive attitude especially is the face of adversity.
- Ability to work under pressure within a high performance, fast moving environment.
- Open to new ideas, technologies and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Good team player and communicator.
££££ Competitive ££££