Engineering Group Leader
Manufacturing and Production
Reporting to the Production Stream Manager, the role of the Engineering Group Leader will be responsible for managing engineering activities on their Manchester site, to support the delivery of the Production stream KPI's. The purpose of the role is to optimise the Production Stream conversion process using the companies Asset Management System and Production System.
This Global Food Manufacturing Business is one of the largest and most technologically advanced providers in the world. It serves over 140 markets across its 100 manufacturing sites and supplies products to some of the biggest names in the Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical markets.
Key Responsibilities for the Engineering Group Leader:
- Build Train and Maintain High Performing Teams with a focus on problem solving and team work
- Maintenance Process (Process Reliability)
- Maintain an accurate record keeping of all maintenance activities. Insures that all required documentation is completed for each work order.
- Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing 8 Step Practical Problem Solving or other appropriate KPS methodologies within the value stream and perform GAP analysis on manufacturing data to understand where to focus/prioritise problem solving efforts.
- Schedule planned Maintenance work with the Operations. Meet weekly with Operations representative and Engineering Supervision to develop workable schedule to efficiently utilise the Maintenance crews.
- Manage Maintenance Materials & Spend
- Improve and Maintain Process Capability
- Maintain, Manage, Improve Health and Safety
- Manage Project Design & Delivery
- Asset Management Master Data
- Recruit and select valuable team members build team skills through skills assessment, cross training, feedback and support.
Required Skills for the Engineering Group Leader:
- Relevant Third Level Engineering qualification (Mechanical)or recognised standards based time served apprenticeship.
- Relevant experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills and numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools. Asset management knowledge.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to solve problems using 8 Step Practical Problem Solving.
- Experience in standardisation of processes in Mechanical, Electrical and Automation design
Engineering Group Leader for Global Food Manufacturing Business based near Manchester in the Engineering and Manufacturing Industry Package:
Competitive Salary + Benefits