I am currently recruiting for a Technical manager on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- Provide full technical and quality support for the Private Label Business & Agencies including manufacturing approvals, accreditation, specifications, legislation and artwork approval. Continuous monitoring of same to ensure all kept up to date.
- Lead and deliver audit timetable across a number of supplier sites across EU, supporting customer audits as required.
- Attendance at critical meetings such as 1st production runs with customer and supplier and regularly presenting to buyers as technical expert.
- Attend and represent SHS at trade / technical conferences as appropriate, maintain an active network.
- Ensure all manufacturing sites are linked and compliant to Sedex.
- Support NPD from technical aspects- product development, benchmarking, Tasting/ Sample Submission Forms, product specifications.
- Manage customer complaints process as required, including collection of products, sending samples away for full analysis and providing monthly reporting for all products (both own and on behalf of brand owner.
- Develop & maintain Technical Policies and procedure as required such as product recall procedure/ Customer Complaint Procedure.
- Provide full Technical Support as required for all agency brands.
- Liaise with Environmental Health/ Trading Standards & FSA.
- Degree in Food Science / Food Technology or equivalent
- Detailed working knowledge of a HACCP environment
- Experience of retail standards and unannounced auditing environment.
- Knowledge of BRC standards.
- Lead Auditor experience
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive salary range of £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience.
- Working Monday to Friday. This role does include weekly travel throughout the UK and Europe. (2 – 3 days on Site)
If the above role could be of interest please get in touch ASAP on 0131 226 5060 and send your most recent up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly