NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIST
Today J Sykes and Sons is proud to supply over 500 Wholesale customers, Key Multi National Retailers and Food Manufacturers. Employing 85 staff in management and support roles and a further 40 staff in our busy production facilities our business is geared for future growth and evolution. With a turnover approaching £100 million, we are considered to be the premier importer of quality Frozen Fish and Seafood to the UK and Irish markets, with an expanding export market program underway. We are supported by an integrated proposition, using our advanced UK production facilities to apply higher levels of product safety, value adding and cost reductions.
We are currently recruiting for a NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIST to join our Team in Manchester. The role will require flexibility in approach, ranging from NPD production trials, customer visits, store visits, and directional shopping, you will also be required to work closely with various departments within the business including purchasing, sales, technical, production, marketing and operations to devise, create, test and release new frozen & chilled products designed specifically for the retail food sector but also foodservice. Working as a key member of the development team you will be responsible for all aspects of product development, you will also be responsible for managing and maintaining the NPD process from commercial handover to launch, benchmarking, recipe construction, product re-development, cost reduction, specification writing. You will execute projects on a day to day basis, creating product concepts and carry out scale up trials of product development projects.
To be successful within this role we are looking for candidates with prior NPD experience in a FMCG company, ideally with a degree or equivalent experience in a food related subject. You will also have a good understanding of food product development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist with the project management of NPD lines from brief to launch
- Key point of contact for customers across all NPD issues
- Review and improve existing product base
- Work with sister sites and group across knowledge share and best practice projects
- Create and develop new products ready for the market
- Running factory trials of new products, and sending samples of products to customers
- Presenting and demonstrating new products to potential customers and existing customers
- Ensuring all developments satisfy price, quality, technical
- To work with marketing on key research and food trends
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Formal food related qualifications will be beneficial
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills; ability to close deals.
- Proven track record of results delivery and achieving financial targets.
- Good understanding of all Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Full Driving Licence
Closing Date to Apply: 22nd September 2017
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please use the 'apply' button below.
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants, but due to the volume of applications being received we are not always able to do this; if you do not receive any form of communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for submitting applications, then unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We will however retain your CV on file, should another position become available in the future.