NPD Technologist / Graduate Technical Assistant
NPD Technologist / Product Development Technologist, near Leeds, West Yorkshire, Food Manufacturer FMCG
We are recruiting for an NPD Development Technologist suitable for Graduates looking for a fantastic opportunity working within a leading Food manufacturer based near Leeds.
The role: To support the Technical activities within Catering and Retail Technical to meet company, customer and legislative requirements, maintaining technical standards in line with our procedures and policies.
This role will require 1 day each week travelling to each of the 6 branches across West and North Yorkshire (6 days in the month).
- To build strong relationships with the Branch and Cookery School teams and assist in ensuring roles and responsibilities with respect to food safety are understood and embedded with all staff.
- In the absence of the Catering and Retail Technical Manager, to support the Bakery Technical Manager in resolving Catering and Retail food safety issues.
- To provide guidance on basic technical day to day queries from Branches and Cookery School
- Working with the Catering and Retail Technical Manager, to carry out Branch GMP audits and advising the Branch management team of appropriate corrective actions.
- To follow up corrective actions from audits, investigations and any other circumstances as directed by the Catering and Retail Technical Manager.
- Where applicable, to investigate food safety issues in Branches and Cookery School thoroughly where root causes are identified. Support and coach the teams to fully close off the causes to prevent reoccurrences.
- To amend and update procedures and records in the Catering and Retail Quality Management System (including HACCP) as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Some experience working in a technical role within food manufacturing
- Auditing and root cause analysis experience
- Good knowledge and experience of current food legislation
- Food Science / Technology or relevant qualification in similar related discipline
- Desireable Level 3 /4 HACCP & Food safety
- Passion for food
Salary: £22 - £24.5k + Excellent Extensive Benefits Package
(Group Prosperity Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, Pension, Holidays, Staff Discounts etc)
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: NPD Technologist Graduate Process Development, Senior NPD Technician, Product Development, Specifications Technologist, Retail Technologist, Catering Assistant, QA Technologist, QA QC Quality Technician Technical Assistant Food Technologist Coordinator Controller QA Auditor