£25,000 - £32,000
Ref Code: FMW17429
The role of the Specification Technologist is to ensure legal compliance and safety of product and packaging through the preparation, maintenance and management of specifications for raw materials, finished products and packaging materials, product labels and other printed packaging, artwork, and all related documents.
The Role of Specifications Technologist reports to the Specification Manager.
The role requires a strong customer focus with the ability to communicate with customers on a routine basis
The role requires an ability to work within a team and with other departments, demonstrate a flexible approach to work and manage time critical assignments that involve varying degrees of complexity
Role requires good English comprehension, good written and spoken English and be able to understand and interpret regulations and produce work that is accurate and concise.
Attention to detail and accuracy of documents is a crucial pre-requisite to being successful in the role
Role requires good computer skills and working knowledge of customer web site management.
1. To create, maintain and update specification as per customer requirements
2. To source, manage and maintain the specifications for each and every ingredient, raw material, and item of packaging used by The Company. Ensure the accuracy and legality of all documents.
3. To manage customer specific websites and database; advise the business of policy document updates and summarise for distribution within the business, customer questionnaires as required.
4. To facilitate the creation and project management of packaging artwork and label copy for new products and changes to existing products. Ensure the legality and accuracy of information as part of the sign off procedure.
5. To manage the approved label database and upload data as required that supports the finished product labeling operation.
6. To liaise with NPD, Process and Commercial teams in order to ensure all NPD projects are completed successfully.
7. To manage the supplier risk assessment and approval process, and maintain approved supplier registers. Ensuring that all information is accurate, up to date and appropriate to enable management of the risk posed by each supplier.
8. To manage ingredients and packaging risk assessments and approval process and maintain the approved ingredient and packaging registers.
9. Actively support the allergen management system and contribute to the HACCP management system as required.
10. To ensure processes, procedures and risk assessments are managed and maintained in compliance with BRC requirements.
11. To ensure suppliers traceability is carried out annually for existing sea food, meat and packaging suppliers.
12. To support the Specification Manager and engage in tasks to support the wider objectives of the company.
13. To have the knowledge of using customer specification system
14. To have a solid understanding of legal and UK retailer requirements in relation to food labeling.
To apply for the position, please send applications here on Food Man Jobs. For More information, please contact Alex Thornton on 0208 203 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org