Shift Production Manager
In the role of Shift Production Manager for this UK FMCG Manufacturing and Production business based on their site Near Manchester, you will be responsible for the organisation of resources, preparation and packaging of products on any of the packaging lines to deliver a quality standard that will meet and surpass our customers expectations.
Based in Greater Manchester this UK FMCG Manufacturing and Production business has been producing and distributing quality product across the UK for almost 2 centuries. The company's products are award winning and they are a recognised and well respected name within the industry.
Key Responsibilities for the Shift Production Manager:
To organise plant, stock control, materials and manpower resources to produce the required output as cost effectively as possible and at the expected quality.
Work with the other shift managers in developing & coaching the teams of operators.
Exercise control over the product handling and packaging processes so that output is maintained within pre-set limits at the correct quality.
Proactively work to avoid unnecessary downtime, including repairs/changes prior to breakdowns. Participate in planned maintenance schedules.
Strive continuously to improve the standard of the plant to reach world class standards.
Implement and improve working practices deemed in the interest of enhancing the business.
Ensure that all tasks are carried out in a safe working manner in accordance with the Company Health & Safety Policy and safe working practices. Review of Risk Assessments in line with agreed timescales.
Operate within the constraints of the quality system. Ensure that required records are completed in line with the requirements of the system. Have an appreciation of Quality issues when dealing with the processing and packaging of products.
To be successful as the Shift Production Manager:
- You will have a successful track record in leading and managing manufacturing teams within FMCG environments.
- You will be able to demonstrate a clear capability to effectively implement modern manufacturing techniques such as 5S and lean.
- You will need to enjoy working with people to drive performance, training and succession planning.
- You will also need to hold health and safety in high regard.
- Drive, Resilience and Passion to achieve and improve performance.
- Strong leadership/interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building strong performing teams
- Strong analytical and decision making capability
- Capable of managing & implementing change
- Capable of project managing initiatives effectively
Competitive Salary + Benefits