Engineering Stores Assistant
An Engineering Stores Assistant is required to to support maintenance work at the plant at a Global Food Engineering Company based in the Manchester Area. This site is a Manufacturing and Production Hub within the UK food industry and supplies a number of different products into the market.
This Manufacturing and Production Company has sites all across the world. This site in the Manchester area is offering a Engineering Stores Assistant a fantastic opportunity for growth within a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people.They offer a diverse, supportive environment with exceptional potential for progression both personally and professionally. With over 150 years of experience, this Global Food Manufacturing and Production company offers diverse products and services to the world.
Engineering Stores Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Support Maintenance and Engineering teams to procure items and services by entering purchase requisitions for Engineering & Maintenance Staff
- Process purchase orders and track open purchase orders weekly, contacting suppliers to verify and update status
- Perform monthly maintenance accruals in conjunction with the local finance team
- Verify maintenance inventory levels by taking physical counts, tracking lost material, adjusting records, ensuring obsolete items are identified
- Undertake job kitting activities for scheduled maintenance work.
- Support deployment of appropriate tools to identify root causes of equipment failure when related to Inventory items.
- Maintain item catalogues, storeroom layouts and relevant controlled areas to ensure items can be located and found efficiently and provide optimum storage conditions/arrangements for items.
- Ensure that materials are stored in compliance with legislation and safety/environment standards.
- General management and administration of documents e.g. internal and external audit/ service reports
- Compile KPI reports using data collection and upload to SharePoint
- Process work orders through a computerised maintenance management system (Maximo)
- Work with the maintenance team to develop documented maintenance strategies for all plant equipment and eliminate failures through root cause failure analysis and reliability centred maintenance activities
- Provide input and support to the maintenance and reliability team, procurement, and production departments
- Contribute to developing and continuously improving maintenance job plans and safety plans relating to inventory materials
To be successful as the Engineering Stores Assistant:
- Engineering qualification (Electrical/Mechanical) - DESIRABLE
- Understanding operating context of site assets / process systems
- Knowledge of financial transaction processes and systems
- Knowledge of root cause analysis and failure analysis e.g. RCFA / RCM / FMEA
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and other tools as needed for field of activities.
- Knowledge of Business Objects/Business Intelligence is beneficial.
- Understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
Competitive Salary + Benefits