A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Food Technologist to join an exciting and rapidly evolving branded food business. Driven by a culture of innovation, ambition and entrepreneurship, this company works to bring their unrivalled product ranges to food lovers throughout the UK. The Product Team is growing and need a bright and capable Technologist to take full technical responsibility for their amazing products.
In this pivotal technical role you’ll be responsible for the quality and safety of all the company’s products.
- You will be driving product quality through the management auditing of the supplier base to ensure due diligence as well as improving standards and compliance.
- Respond to any issues or incidents regarding the quality, safety and legality of product ranges, acting as the brand guardian to guarantee consistently high standards.
- Liaise with the Customer Care team to ensure customers are responded to and manage all complaints.
- Work closely with the Product Managers to support the NPD process, approval of new suppliers, shelf-life testing, nutritionals and managing the artwork process.
- You will be the go-to person for the business for answering questions from media, consumers, customers and internal stakeholders about products and be able to provide technical, nutritional and food technology expertise.
- As part of the product team, you will provide support at presentations and trade shows.
We are looking for a confident Technical professional with a food science or related degree who has worked previously within food manufacturing or a branded food business. You must have experience of HACCP and BRC standards with a successful track record of achieving excellence.
A high level of computer literacy and a robust understanding of quality systems is essential along with the ability to work at pace and with accuracy. You must be able to juggle lots of different projects, not be afraid to get hands on when needed and thrive within an entrepreneurial company. There will be some travel to suppliers in the UK and abroad so you must be happy to dust off your passport.
Could this be your dream job with a brand you can really get passionate about? Interested in finding out more? Apply now or call 0345 2600 737 for a confidential chat.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.