- Developing recipes for mozzarella and mozzarella blend products
- Managing trials in NPD and on the pilot plant
- Making up samples for customer presentations
- Attending production trials and launches as required
- Evaluation of new suppliers and ingredients and reporting on their suitability
- Link with Technical and Production, with responsibility for making sure that new products make a smooth transition from trial and testing stages to full production with the outcomes reported to all relevant staff.
- To identify any critical issues with developments, make recommendations for improvements and make sure that everything complies with quality, safety and customer expectations.
- Providing in-depth reports on the trials that accurately reflect the work carried out including all required measurements, comments and recommended actions and next steps detailing responsibility and agreed accountability
- Ensuring all required internal documentation is completed and provided to specification team on time and to the highest standard
- Have a detailed practical knowledge of current factory processes.
- Building strong relationships with all functions who interface with the development
- Facilitating customer visits during production trials
- Developing practical schedules for product launch and maintaining project plans and advising all stakeholders throughout the project on timings of achievable completion dates
- Liaising with purchasing colleagues to ensure that all incoming stock for initial production runs is in place
- Working with relevant machinery suppliers and packaging suppliers to ensure Ornua Ingredients UK is always up to date with the latest launches.
- Assisting in customer presentations, conference calls, audits, visits, etc. where required.
- Ensure traceability of the BRC Documentation throughout the project, ensuring any changes to recipe or process are communicated to all stakeholders.
- Ensure communication with all relevant departments is well maintained at all times to provide a consistent service to all customers
- Trialling and assisting with the commissioning of new processing equipment either in support of a new product launch or to make improvements to current production processes
- Working with Technical to assess failing products in terms of recipe and offer recipe solutions.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the NPD facility
- Track monthly basis trial costs
Apply for NPD Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly