There’s every chance you’ll have eaten our food, so why not share our success and come and work for us? This company is a leading wholesale food distributor and the preferred supplier for over 60,000 customers across the UK, ranging from pubs to schools, from restaurants to care homes and everything in between.
Whether our customers want just a teaspoon or a full range of catering supplies, we’ll supply their needs. We work as a team to provide every food option from quality ingredients to finished meals, including a number of own brand ranges as well as all the big brands and regional specialities. We believe in our food, and we know that our people behind the scenes are so very important in our success.
As the Transport Manager, you will provide overall leadership for all aspects of the transport operation as well as supporting the overall requirements of the site.
Managing a large fleet of LGV's and staff across a large geographical area, this demanding but exciting role requires the successful applicant to be experienced in the management of all aspects of a fast paced transport operational environment and able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of transport legislation and its application within a multi drop operation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Ultimate responsibility for all day to day distribution operations
- Management of 80+drivers
- Responsible for over 1000 deliveries per day
- Successful integration of new business
- Ensuring high level of customer service to all sectors of the business
- Establishing a positive working culture, driving high levels of driver engagement
- Recruitment, retention and training of the distribution team
- Responsible for delivering against agreed budgets and KPI's
- Ensuring site compliance with all relevant employment / transport legislation
- Management of service contractors
- You’ll be responsible for the department budget and controlling all costs
- You’ll maintain all Company equipment, including commercial vehicles, to a high standard and make sure all relevant records are maintained in order to conform to legislation as well as maintaining all documentation relating to tachographs and driver hours.
- Review existing operations to drive performance improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- 3 years' experience running a large distribution team and fleet
- Experience of managing service contracts
- A CPC holder
- Strong team player
- Proven leadership abilities
- Proven passion for customer service
- Good PC/System Skills
You’ll ensure effective teamwork within the Transport Department and that all Transport employees adhere to the required standards of performance.
To be successful in this role you’ll have very strong people management and development skills and be able to build strong relationships with other departments.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 7 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.