Business Development Manager
SAI Global, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to help grow and develop our Assurance services, with a specific focus on Retail and Quick Service Restaurants. The role, which will suit a candidate with a proven track record of business development within the Food Industry, will see the successful Business Development Manager follow up qualified leads, identify and target sales prospects within an assigned territory, and execute successful sales campaigns.
Due to the nature of the role, the Business Development Manager must be able to work in a fast paced and client-facing environment whilst maintaining responsibility for several simultaneous sales campaigns. The ability to present and demonstrate SAI’s auditing and associated food services is critical to success, and a track-record in dealing with complex national, multi-national, and global companies from a Business Development stance would be advantageous. Additionally, you will be expected to manage the transition of the closed accounts to colleagues in professional services and support.
As part of the role, we would expect the successful Business Development Manager to spend the majority of their working time directly supporting the sales process and business development through face-to-face and electronic communication with potential and existing clients. Furthermore, the role will be a UK home-based opportunity with regular travel to our Milton Keynes office. An overview of the main duties have been provided below:
• To actively promote and sell SAI’s wide range of assurance services within the QSR, Casual Dining, Retail, and Hospitality sectors;
• To provide account management and new business development services within existing clients;
• To respond to new sales opportunities and prospect for new business;
• To participate in developing new marketing and sales strategies;
• To maintain up-to-date knowledge of the company's service offerings as well as external market trends;
• To present SAI Global solutions and services to clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, video/web meetings, telephone calls and emails;
• To take ownership of business lead generation and appointment setting as well as working with internal staff to generate vertical business opportunities;
• To manage and maintain a pipeline; ensuring all sales information is current using Sales Force CRM software;
• To maintain responsibility for the creation of, and accountability for, all client proposals, contracts and further documentation.
Experience and Skillset required:
• 5+ years professional sales experiences; ideally within the QSR and/or Retail Food sectors;
• Customer focused with strong relationship building skills;
• Experience and success in managing high-value and complex relationships with senior management in large corporations;
• A good understanding of Risk Management and Assurance Services and Solutions;
• A degree level qualification or equivalent;
• A valid UK driving license - regular national UK travel is expected as part of the role.
• Strong commercial acumen, with a flair for high-value sales;
• Confident and effective communicator, both written and oral, and presenter;
• Excellent consultative selling and contract negotiating skills with an ability to close a deal;
• Ability to deal with customers at senior management and board level;
• Strong networking skills;
• Self-motivation and drive coupled with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a broader team;
• Attention to detail and accuracy;
• Good IT literacy and skills, including proficiency in SalesForce.com and MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
SAI Global is passionate about helping business improve. We offer a broad range of products and services for risk management to businesses worldwide, and in Australia we also offer specialised property services to the financial, legal and conveyancing sectors.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, we have around 2,000 employees in 29 locations across EMEA, North America and Asia. We operate through two divisions, Risk Management Solutions and Property Services.
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly