ref code: FMW17384
1. The management of a dedicated team covering technical and quality. The Technical Manager ensures the food safety, quality and legality of all products supplied from two sites.
2. To co-ordinate the maintenance of the Company Quality Management System to ensure compliance with Global Food Safety Standards and customer requirements.
3. To attend Customer and Supplier sites as required to assess product quality and the performance of products supplied.
4. Front facing Technical Representative for Customers to ensure customer expectations are met and ensure compliance with Technical Policies.
5. To ensure that all products, manufactured or bought-in, meet specification and customer requirements, and to drive compliance and continuous improvement throughout the site, demonstrating a passion for quality and safety standards.
6. To provide strong and clear leadership to the Technical team.
Job Content (Specific)
1. To set objectives and conduct PDR’s with relevant members of the technical team.
2. To maintain internal and external specification systems to ensure accurate data for materials and finished products are available.
3. Manage all product change management systems including artwork, factory trials, NPD, and value engineering initiatives, to introduce changes that meet both Company and customer requirements of cost, quality, etc.
4. To manage customer complaint investigations for all complaints including contact with customers and suppliers where appropriate.
5. To maintain a system of customer complaints trend analysis and reporting to drive improvement.
6. Be the UK interface between Customers and company sites in France, including attending regular meetings and audits at the France sites.
7. As the Technical interface between UK and France ensure UK Technical resources complete customer documentation, respond in a timely manner to complaint investigations and update REC’s as required to always meet customer expectations.
8. Ensure appropriate training is in place across sites to meet Technical requirements especially in relation to HACCP, GMP and Ethical Standards.
9. To work as part of the company management team, with full integration into peer groups in the UK and abroad.
10. Ensure all site Technical visits and audits are appropriately hosted and all visit reports and action plans have a timely response.
Job Content (General)
1. Ensure that Company policies and procedures relating to operation of the department are monitored and adhered to.
2. Actively promote and comply with all employment policies and procedures of the Company.
3. Attend to the needs of the department and its staff in terms of:
- Establishing clear guidelines/objectives
- Performance monitoring
- Identification of training needs
- Personal development
4. Control absenteeism within the department in line with Company standards.
5. Conduct regular meetings and team briefings with departmental staff.
6. Control expenditure within agreed budgets.
7. Any other reasonable duties as requested by Operations Director or Director of Quality.
Please submit your application via Food Man Jobs. For any questions please contact Alex Thornton - email@example.com / 0208 203 1000