Job Type: Quality Manager
Package: £30,000 - £33,000
Location: North London
Are you currently working within a Technical or Quality position in food manufacturing? Do you want to propel your career forward in to a management position? An opportunity has risen with a multisite business whose portfolio spans a range of products and as a result a diverse customer within the food service sector.
This position will sit within a very specialist section at their site in North London. The company are really looking for an up and coming individual, someone who has exposure to the industry and wants leap forward in their career. The Quality Manager will report in to the Head of Technical, but as a multi-sited company you will be the highest point of technical and quality for the site on a day to day basis.
The Quality Manager will ensure full compliance to BRC standards so it is essential you come from a similar background. If you are currently working within a quality position within a food manufacturer but have found yourself hitting that brick wall and the opportunity to progress is no more, than this may be the position to apply for.
Quality Manager duties include:
- Ensure company complies with all BRC and H&S standards
- Manage all paperwork in regards to quality requirements, maximising the company’s efficiency and supporting continuous improvements
- Manage and deal with customer complaints and non-conformances
- Keep up to date with all required legal and company standards, ensuring production team and adhering to them as required
- Be the onsite point of contact for customers and lead all audits.
- Manage and maintain the QMS and ensure the site adheres to the strict BRC requirements.
- Working within a similar position in a food manufacturing or similar industry, working to BRC requirements
- Preferably have experience completing internal audits or assisting with external audits
- Able to communicate across all levels of a business and interpret complex data
- Computer literate and familiar with most common computer programmes
- Proven background showing drive and tenacity
- Previous experience dealing with customers
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to join a company who strive to build and develop your skills for a long term career within the business please send your most recent CV to Chris.Hine@DRNewitt.com.