Head of Technical
HEAD OF TECHNICAL
£ Attract the Best, Car allowance and up to 15% Bonus!
Exciting opportunity not to be missed - this is an exciting opportunity to develop your career!
The business is at the leading edge of modern food production meaning it's fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding; working with some of the biggest and well known retailers in the UK and across Europe
- To develop and enhance a reputation for Technical excellence within operations as the best in the industry for quality service, product and technical excellence. As measured against competitors and industry peers.
- Adopt and promote GAP and GMP throughout the supply chain for all products supplied, ensuring the processes are regularly reviewed and the management of risk is pro-active
- Supporting the Technical Directors leadership, to ensure that suppliers and operations meet customer technical specifications and follow standards that provide the business with robust due-diligence protection at all times.
- Assisting the Technical Director in Co-ordination of CSR for the group ensuring they operate in a manner that meets or exceeds the environmental, ethical, legal and commercial expectations that society has of business.
- The strategic management of food safety, quality assurance, environmental, ethical and supply chain integrity across operations comprising Shropshire Group Companies, GGL Members and third party suppliers.
- Technical leadership and input into farming, process and product innovation covering both the business and its suppliers.
- Technical leadership position with customers and other organisations to promote the business.
- Ensure systems are used throughout operations deliver compliance with the product safety, legality and quality requirements in order to meet the Company’s commitments to food safety legislation and related issues.
- Implementation and review process with salad customer facing technical team for customer technical plans and quality improvement plans within the supplier base.
- Work with the Group Technical Director and Head of Commercial to develop the Technical succession plan.
- Food Science degree
- Superb communication and strong negotiation skills
- A successful track record of strong retail relationship building
- Excellent people skills – ability to manage a team, with focus on development
- Confident decision maker and problem-solver
- Tenacity and resilience
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Karan on 0208 004 8411 or apply directly now
Apply for Head of Technical
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly