Head of Technical
HEAD OF TECHNICAL
£ Attract the Best, Car allowance and up to 15% Bonus!
Exciting opportunity not to be missed - this is an exciting opportunity to develop your career!
The business is at the leading edge of modern food production meaning it's fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding; working with some of the biggest and well known retailers in the UK and across Europe
- To develop and enhance a reputation for Technical excellence within operations as the best in the industry for quality service, product and technical excellence. As measured against competitors and industry peers.
- Adopt and promote GAP and GMP throughout the supply chain for all products supplied, ensuring the processes are regularly reviewed and the management of risk is pro-active
- Supporting the Technical Directors leadership, to ensure that suppliers and operations meet customer technical specifications and follow standards that provide the business with robust due-diligence protection at all times.
- Assisting the Technical Director in Co-ordination of CSR for the group ensuring they operate in a manner that meets or exceeds the environmental, ethical, legal and commercial expectations that society has of business.
- The strategic management of food safety, quality assurance, environmental, ethical and supply chain integrity across operations comprising Shropshire Group Companies, GGL Members and third party suppliers.
- Technical leadership and input into farming, process and product innovation covering both the business and its suppliers.
- Technical leadership position with customers and other organisations to promote the business.
- Ensure systems are used throughout operations deliver compliance with the product safety, legality and quality requirements in order to meet the Company’s commitments to food safety legislation and related issues.
- Implementation and review process with salad customer facing technical team for customer technical plans and quality improvement plans within the supplier base.
- Work with the Group Technical Director and Head of Commercial to develop the Technical succession plan.
- Food Science degree
- Superb communication and strong negotiation skills
- A successful track record of strong retail relationship building
- Excellent people skills – ability to manage a team, with focus on development
- Confident decision maker and problem-solver
- Tenacity and resilience
To discuss this opportunity in complete confidence, please contact Karan on 0208 004 8411 or apply directly now