Manage the day to day NPD function, supporting and mentoring NPD team, and encourage a culture of development whilst ensuring excellent customer service to customers.
My client is a leading food manufacturer, going through a period of growth and investment, supplying for a range of major retailers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build key relationships with retailers and exceed customer expectations
- Use knowledge of market trends and new technology to ensure best in class is delivered in each brief
- Manage department budget
- Work across different functions in an effective manner with process development to ensure successful launches
- Understand and raise any product development issues
- Ensure product quality and consistency are maintained
- Be product champion for trial and launch sign-off
The ideal candidate will come from a fast-paced background, preferably food, and will demonstrate a clear passion for food and NPD as well as the following attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to forge strong working relations
- Experience of coaching and mentoring a team
- Up to date knowledge of labelling standards and food-related legislation
- Focus, drive and initiative
A competitive salary with additional benefits is on offer for the right candidate, as well as opportunities to develop and progress within the business.