Procurement Director - OLDHAM
Salary c£80,000 - £95,000 plus benefits
We are a a c£160million business which supplies cake and desserts to service the own brands of major retailers, there are two sites both based in the North West at Oldham and Bolton.
Our products include, high end celebration cake products, slab cakes and mainstream desserts, we mostly supply Marks & Spencers although we also supply major retailers including Sainsburys, Tescos Co-op and Aldi and Morrisons.
We currently have a vacancy for a Procurement Director, with a c£90m procurement expenditure this role is part of the senior management team and requires strong working relationships across all functions and at senior manager and Exec level in order to lead the Procurement Strategy.
Key accountabilities for this role are as follows:
- Procurement responsibility for all ingredients and packaging procurement, plus strategic areas of 3rd party & indirect spend, including measuring performance against PPV and working capital targets.
- Represent the Procurement function, facilitating buy-in to procurement policies / strategies, providing direction and support to the wider business as required
- Develop strategic commercial relationships with core supplier base at the appropriate levels of seniority (i.e. MD / Commercial Director) and use these relationships leverage benefit for the business
- Develop and implement sourcing / hedging strategies in line with the wider business strategy to drive out cost, generate incremental benefit and mitigate risk or exposure within the markets that we trade
- Work in conjunction with Finance teams to develop, implement and refine budgets, pricing, costing and forecasting models, providing sufficient quality of data to support business requirements and enable strategic decision making
- Lead, manage and develop our procurement team, create cultures aligned to our strategies - empowerment, motivation, drive value through challenging practices to create continuous improvement opportunities
Attributes and Experience:
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent and/or relevant professional qualifications if applicable
- Minimum 7-10 years Procurement experience
- Proven track record of achievement gained within senior procurement roles, including implementing strategies / change management, leading and developing teams within FMCG / manufacturing environments
- Ability to manage and influence across multiple stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of:
- Competitor and commodity market structures, developments and legislation a with a particular focus on experience within soft commodities procurement (e.g. sugar, dairy, cocoa, wheat)
- Contract law
- Manufacturing processes
- Creation & delivery of value analysis / engineering / innovation lead projects
Location and Travel: This role is located at the Oldham site, but travel will be required to visit suppliers and customers
- Salary £80000 - £95000 dependent upon experience
- Company car and fuel allowance of £5,700, in addition business mileage for business journeys
- 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays
- Money purchase pension scheme with 2% contribution of salary
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button, and send your CV including details of your min salary requirements.
The role would be suitable for candidates interested in: Procurement Director, Purchasing Director, Head of Procurement, Buying, Food Manufacturing Manchester Oldham Bolton Leeds Lancashire
Apply for Procurement Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly