Salary £21k per annum – Dunstable
Our client, a global food business, is looking to appoint a Quality Assistant for their site based in Dunstable. Reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Manager, on a day to day basis. This role will be expected to be responsible for supporting the smooth running of the Quality department. The ideal candidate will have held a role with broad responsibilities encompassing both factory-facing and office-based activities, having previously had external contact with suppliers and customers.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct Bun Scoring at defined intervals and record in the relevant systems and report out of specification material to the QA Manager.
- Complete product quality checks and enter into QDA for SPC on finished product, ie, weight, dimensions and slicing at defined intervals.
- Monitor and operate Eyepro optical evaluation system for product conformance to specification and liaise with Packing Teams to ensure they are reacting.
- Daily quality review of the retention samples in Shelf Life Library.
- Monitor finished products to meet specification and report non-conforming product to the QA Manager, ie hand-bagging checks, weight & dimensional evaluation as directed by individual customers.
- Follow Product Non Conformance and Quarantine Procedures as required.
- Initiate Escalation Procedures as required.
- From time to time, attend ATCQ Bun Scoring Sessions at the local DC.
- Any other quality checks that may be introduced as directed by the Business.
- Conduct audits to schedule for pre-requisites in relation to the HACCP System, ie, glass, hygiene, pest control, personal hygiene, allergens and others as directed.
- Conduct equipment calibration checks at defined intervals.
- Support with customer complaint investigation to identify root cause and establish corrective and preventative actions.
- Complete and review QA Team Shift Handover Reports.
- Filing of daily Process Control documents.
- Support the preparation for Internal/External audits and Customer visits.
- Provide cover from time to time for other Quality Department responsibilities as required.
Essential skills / experience include:
- Food Safety Knowledge
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows
- A hands on, flexible and adaptable approach with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills across all levels and functions, both internally and with external customers and suppliers
- An ability to adapt and respond to change with a strong attention to detail
- A Global Food Business with a Leadership position in its relevant market
- Customer base includes Major Multiple Retailers
- Believes in uncompromising quality and authenticity, which is evident in their consistently exceptional products
- Dedicated to using the highest quality ingredients to provide an outstanding quality product for the consumer
If you are organised and able to balance workloads against changing priorities with energy and enthusiasm, then this could be the job for you. The salary for the role is £21k per annum, 20 days holiday.
Quality Assistant for fast paced Global Food business based in Dunstable , previous experience and excellent communication skills essential
Apply for Quality Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly