You have the chance to work for a specialist company with exciting, innovative products & applications which they are supplying into a number of different manufacturers & consumer specialists. As they enter an important growth phase,they are in need of a Project Manager to work with their new product development teams on their scale up processes.
This unique company based in the Suffolk region are specialist manufacturers supplying into the consumer market. You have the chance to be a big part of their well thought out growth plan & support in realising their long term vision.
As the Project Manager you will be working with NPD, engineering, contract manufacturers, sales teams. You will also be interacting with customers in order to successfully adapt the process & products to best meet their needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- To support with developing robust, reproducible, scale-able & manufacturing process, ensuring the product is in compliance with the agreed specifications
- Take the lead during scale-up, preparing documentation, training & acting as technical support for either internal or external manufacture
- Collecting and interpreting for scale-up relevant data to provide recommendations for future work
- Responsible for writing machines Product Requirement Specifications
- Prepare Development or Commissioning reports by collecting, analysing and summarising data
- Responsibility of site planning including site requirement specifications, services & waste management
- Sourcing equipment; liaising with equipment suppliers & designers on costings & delivery
Whilst this role will be site based it will require extensive travel in order to meet with contract manufacturers, equipment providers & customers.
A Project Manager / Engineer with experience working in the FMCG manufacturing industry & the following:
- Formal engineering qualifications (ideally an Engineering Degree)
- Process Development, Engineering or Technology Transfer experience
- Ability to develop, scale-up & implement robust processes, from scratch to commercial scale
- Experience in conceptual design; preparing process flow diagrams
- Equipment design, development or sourcing experience
- Strong communications & project skills; the ability to interact effectively between departments
Circa £60,000 - £65,000 + Benefits