Cheese Production Operator / Technician, North Tawton
Cheese Production Operator/Technician, North Tawton
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
As part of the Cheese Production department, reporting to the Site Team Leader, your prime responsibilities will be to achieve high levels of quality and efficiency ensuring that all KPI's are achieved in line with the annual business plan. This role will involve working on a 4 on, 4 off day and night shift pattern.
* Delivery of daily targets to ensure the department achieves its goals, working with Automation Systems, SAP and Packing Equipment.
* Implement department strategy, ensuring all health and safety, quality, legal and other company standards are adhered to in order to provide a safe and compliant working environment.
* Use Operator interface for machines and processing equipment.
* Acknowledge and address the causes of a problem.
* Run the departments processes and fix process failures.
* Draw relationships between process parameters and product characteristics.
* Involvement in risk analysis, suggesting improvements.
* Put basic cleaning principles into practice.
* Participate actively in the development and optimisation of the washing process.
* Follow KPI's for the department.
* Minimise, manage and reports losses.
* Work to minimise exposure to risks.
* Apply procedures and instructions regarding food safety (HACCP).
* Identify causes of quality deficiencies and suggests improvements.
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in a similar role within the dairy/food industry. You will possess excellent verbal, numerical and written skills and will be computer literate, preferably with experience in SAP and Microsoft Office. A Forklift license is desirable but not essential.
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion.
Application and Contact
Please apply as soon as possible but no later than 22nd August 2017