Cheese Production Technician, Llandyrnog
- Contract Type
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
Make an Impact
We are now recruiting for a Cheese Production Technician to join our site based in Llandyrnog, which produces a range of award winning cheddar cheese. The role will have responsibility for the day to day cheese production, and all relevant areas and staff i.e. Cheese Maker, Block Formers and Block Master. This will be on a 3on/3off days and nights shift pattern. Responsibilities include:
- Cheese yield performance and optimisation.
- Ensuring the product is within specification whilst achieving business objectives in terms of quality, efficiency, waste and cost reduction.
- Contribute to the development and anchoring of a lean culture.
- Responsible for actively engaging in and delivering problem solving activities, to help resolve any ongoing issues that may arise, whilst also monitoring equipment performance, and escalating issues in a timely manner before they become problems.
- Leads, coaches and develops employees and the team on the basis of Our Leadership and Our Character.
- Responsible for resource planning and resource scheduling.
- Ensures efficient and stable department processes with emphasis on KPI fulfilment based on team performance.
- Resolves reports and escalates issues regarding operations as appropriate.
- Ensures that the department complies with Arla Foods' standards and policies as well as the applicable law.
- Operational Leader
To be successful in this role you will be a proactive individual who is able to lead a team and have people management experience, with the ability and willingness to work on your own initiative. It is essential that you are able to deliver accurate results within tight and pressured timescales. You will have a background in an operational role within a manufacturing environment, with knowledge of lean tools and techniques. You will hold a food safety certification or be willing to train towards. Finally you must be PC literate with working experience of MS Office and SAP an advantage.
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion. Please apply as soon as possible but no later than 20th August 2017.