A fantastic opportunity has become available for an ambitious, career driven individual to join an Ambient Foods Manufacturer, who supply worldwide as an Inventory Manager.
Responsible for stock forecasting, planning across a global fulfilment operation and the creation and execution of the businesses stock policy. Ensuring that stock is optimised and stock customer metrics are achieved. Success is dependent on the implementation and enforcement of strict controls and procedures to ensure stock accuracy at all times.
- High level analysis of stock and sales data to develop warehouse solutions for internal replenishment and inter-site movements as the business expands
- Maintenance and support of the Warehouse Management System (Accellos One)
- Developing optimum layout of warehouse to maximise picking productivity and storage density whilst minimising replenishment
- Managing cycle counting and reconciliation of stock on to meet agreed business criteria
- Analysis and investigation into stock discrepancies/ damages and implementation of measures to reduce shrinkage/ wastage
- Ensuring that stock is accurately located by batch numbers and use by dates and rotated correctly
- Monitoring stock levels and planning space for peak periods, reviewing changes in profile of stock and making recommendations to improve storage, handling and throughputs
- Develop and maintain Excel tools to forecast material flows and activity
- Continually reviewing slow moving/ obsolete stock and taking necessary actions
- Planning daily flow of deliveries and ensuring necessary resources available, working with suppliers to improve flow, limit damages and discrepancies
- Liaising with Production Planners and Management regularly to review capacity vs demand
- Managing daily KPI reporting for activity and throughputs
- Advanced Excel
- Able to work accurately and efficiently with a strong quality focus
- A good verbal and written communicator
- Self-motivated and target driven with the ability to work independently
- Graduates with relevant commercial experience in logistics are encouraged to apply
- Sage and WMS experience is an advantage
Experience of Managing inventory in an Omni channel Business
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Rob Salter for further information on 01233 223 712 / email@example.com
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.