Quality Assurance Officer
Our client is a FMCG business who are family owned and manufacturer products for National and International markets.
They are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Officer.
- Taking a lead role to manage ISO 9001 accreditation activities. Support the running of procedures in accordance with the new Quality Management System.
- Customer Complaints handling and raising investigations including CAPA’s.
- Raising and closing Non-conformance reports.
- Checking raw materials before mixing and products coming off the machines.
- Checking manufacturing batch paperwork on production lines.
- Quality issues arising in production on daily basis. Rework/rejection/” acceptable to continue” decisions to be made on products, with help from Quality Manager as required.
- To be involved in the company HACCP program.
- Involved with product improvements or operator re-training / re-briefing.
- Monitoring staff for PPE, batch documents, hygiene issues and general quality issues.
- Foreign body investigation (metal detector) or others
- Receiving and logging of return products.
- Supporting product recall work.
- Update organic procedures and manual.
- Ensuring all organic paperwork including batch documentation and related documents are correct and up to date to be audit ready.
- Responsible for site pest control activities and main point of contact with pest control contractors, sign off and dealing with corrective actions.
- Participating and leading routine internal production audits.
- To support the hosting of customer visits and audits including TSO, Environmental Health, Organic Farmers and Growers annual audits.
- Pre-audits inspections, actioning and closing any corrective actions from customer.
- Glass and Plastic audits
- Degree or Recognised Food qualification or food industry experience in Quality
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate in Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Internet and Email
- Experience in dealing with customer complaints and root cause analysis
- Good working knowledge of HACCP, food safety and Quality Systems
- Comfortable in dealing with customers in a professional manner
What’s on offer?
- A salary of up to £25,000 depending on experience
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.