Raw Materials Intake Laboratory Technician - Southampton
Raw Materials Intake Laboratory Technician
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis we're looking for an Raw Materials Intake Laboratory Technician to work as a member of the Laboratory team on Southampton site, produce timely, reliable, accurate quality and performance data about raw materials and products for use of others in the business. To carry out analytical testing using prescribed methods whilst meeting required timescales to produce accurate and reliable results and to ensure raw material product meets specification and act accordingly if product fails to do so.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Work in the Solent intake laboratory carrying out analytical testing using prescribed methods whilst meeting required timescales to produce accurate and reliable results
- Report on concerns with method / outcomes to departmental Senior Technician/ Laboratory Manager
- Retest as required and in agreement with Senior Technician
- Adhere to stock control policies
- Ensure raw materials meet the specification and act accordingly if product fails to do so
- To ensure all equipment used in test procedures:
- is operating effectively prior to execution and following completion of the test
- Meets required hygiene standards
- Report any concerns / issues to the Senior Technician in a timely manner.
- Ensure all required results from test procedures are reported clearly and accurately and within the required timescales using the relevant record documents and media.
Be aware of and comply with all Health and Safety legislation and Company requirements including personal duty of care.
Desired Skills and Experience
- PC Literate (excel, spreadsheet and presentation package skills specifically)
- GCSE qualifications in science, maths and English as a minimum
- Proven ability in data management and assessment
- Working in a fast paced and pressurised environment
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK