Shift QA Manager
Site to QA & Systems Manager
- Manage the day to day activities to ensure that all necessary scheduled tasks are completed on time and effectively.
- Ensure that all food safety incidents are investigated fully and were possible root cause and effective corrective and preventative actions are put in place to help the company achieve a 50% reduction issues.
- Ensure that all databases are completed to allow tracking and trending of all KPI's for the technical team.
- Ensure that for any out of specification results the escalation procedure is followed and that all necessary actions and retest are completed and documented.
- Ensure all complaints for the shift are investigated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure all internal audits, calibrations and verifications are carried out effectively, accurately and to agreed timescales.
- Ensure Factory Audits and hygiene standards are met and maintained. Report issues to the Operations Management Team and Site QA & Systems Manager as necessary. Be instrumental in progressing a corrective action plan.
- Work with Operations Management to ensure that effective root-cause analysis studies are undertaken and robust corrective actions are implemented for all relevant NCN's.
- Ensure all samples (e.g. product, material, water) are collated and managed according to the appropriate schedule
- Manage the company hold system in order to ensure that it is being used effectively and that corrective actions, disposals, repairs and reworks are being carried out according to agreed timescales and audited
- Assist the QA & Systems Manager in managing customer and 3rd-party accreditation audits. Lead shopfloor audits where required.
- Drive standards and accountability within the shift.
- Be full technical support for the operational team
- Represent the Technical Dept in key site meeting (i.e. PPLM's, Planning and Morning Meetings)
- Participate in site HACCP program
- Conduct sensory panels.
- Ensure all the technical training requirements for the operations team are managed effectively
- Support Analytical Services team and conduct lab testing when required
- Write procedures where required
- Recognized HACCP Qualification
- Food Safety Qualification
- Food Hygiene Qualification
- Shop floor Auditing Qualification
- A-Level/ONC Equivalent
- Involvement in Tesco and M&S audits/visits
- Involvement with BRC audits
- HACCP review contribution
- QMS Auditing
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills (i.e proficiency in writing technical reports and delivering presentations)
- Comfortable at operating at all levels of the business
Please ask for further details on the shift pattern