Production Specialist, Lockerbie
5 days left
- Contract Type
Production Specialist, Lockerbie
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Tickler®, and Lurpak® - names like these, make us a vital, natural part of everyday life in over 100 countries around the world. At the heart of our business are 19,000 global employees and every single one of us plays an important role. Together we build on our €10bn turnover and continue to grow our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
Make a Significant Contribution
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Production Specialist to join the Production department at our Lockerbie site, which is one of the largest processors of milk in the UK converting over 500M litres of milk per annum into high quality fresh milk, cheese and whey products. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Specialist is responsible for developing best practice within the production department and supporting team objectives to deliver the site business plan. This is a pivotal growth role with opportunities for further development
The core working hours are Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and night work when required. Key Responsibilities include:
- Supports the department manager and team leaders in delivering a cost efficient and stable production process.
- Ensures the development and anchoring of the Lean methodology within the production/process department.
- Challenges processes and practices using data analysis and in doing so identifies opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
- Implements and supports the department Business Plan within their area of responsibility.
- Work with KPI's and Short Interval Control (SIC) to drive performance and instigates Continuous Improvement activities (A3 / Kaizen / Root Cause Analysis etc) to improve performance
- Ensures that the department complies with Arla's standards in terms of Food Safety, H&S, Environment.
- Drives wastage reduction across their entire department.
- Shares best practice within their span of control taking shared learnings from other departments/ Arla sites.
Specialist in Production
You will have a managerial background and the drive and motivation to take a high performing site and department to the next level. You will have a proven track record in production within an FMCG or Food Manufacturing environment and have operated within highly automated processes, delivering improvements via people and technology.
You must be able to demonstrate outstanding communication, decision making and influencing skills. A cross functional mind-set is required in order to understand the requirements and intricacies of other departments. You must also be able to demonstrate knowledge and application of managing projects, continuous improvement and lean tools and techniques.
You will need to be highly PC literate, with any knowledge of SAP an advantage. It would also be ideal, but not essential, if you have a Food Technology or related qualification. What is essential is that you have an open mind and a pro-active approach towards problem solving and developing new initiatives.
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion.
Please apply as soon as possible but no later than 24th August 2017