Reporting to the Operations Manager your role will be to lead, manage and continually develop the Production Operation on shifts to support the delivery of the business plan objectives of the site.
- To collaboratively work with all site functions to ensure that site KPI targets are achieved through the monthly provision of KPI reports.
- Ensure that standards are maintained to the highest level at all times through establishing and maintaining an audit process that covers the key KPI's
- Ensure that all company and legislative health and safety regulations are maintained at all times, responsible for leading accident investigations, driving health and safety awareness and striving to continuously improve site safety performance.
- Follow correct procedures for the separation and disposal of waste, promote through effective communication the environmental and cost implications of good waste management ethics. To continuously monitor wastage levels throughout the production process, taking immediate action to minimise levels through improvement, innovation and people involvement.
- Management of people resource, carry out training needs analysis to maintain a fully trained and flexible crew to meet the production requirements. Develop and maintain skills matrix that ensures that progressive succession planning is maintained.
- Manage people performance issues fairly and objectively, by promoting awareness of company people policies.
- Review KPI's to ensure continuous improvement is applied across all areas of customer base
- To ensure that first time quality is a priority of all team members through effective management of process control methods and HACCP systems adherence, by seizing opportunities to promote awareness of quality through policies and process. To result in zero defects.
- Manage all resourses including people and raw materials to meet site cost per case targets and maximise financial return on investment to contribute towards the budgetary needs and goals of the business and ensure team targets are aligned to the client.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels and ensure all communication is accurate, open and honest.
- Understanding and awareness of up to date manufacturing technology and processes associated with a FMCG company
- Ability to analyse, interpret and understand data
- An understanding of lean manufacturing tools associated with a FMCG company
- Ability to understand the principles and processes of effective communicate / presentation and when and how to apply them in all aspects of the role.
Please ask for further details