My client, an established business in the Liverpool area, are looking to add a Process Engineer to there already experienced team. The key elements to the role are to support the existing plant and processing sites by trouble shooting and improving projects and general support. Preparation / review of PFD, P&ID's, project specific specifications, design calculation / analysis, procurement specification.
My client, is a specialist chemical and recycling business based in the Liverpool area.
One of multiple sites across the UK, my client provides 100% resources recovery through a complex cycle of integrated supply, collection and conversion solutions, delivered to the highest standards.
For the Process Engineer role based in the Liverpool the ideal candidates responsibilities be, but not limited to, the following:
- Support the existing production site in ensuring that all products are manufactured to the correct quality standards
- Carry out process design including; mass and heat balances, design calculations, sizing & selection of equipment etc. for projects.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables such as Process Flow Diagrams, P & I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, HAZOP Studies & reports, Operation & maintenance manuals.
- Continuously optimise and develop the current process to improve throughput and yield.
- Provide support and back-up for plant management
- Provide cover for plant management, and part of a call-out rota for weekend cover (operations support, etc.).
- Take ownership of the plant automation
- Analyse process data for root causes of downtime, and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Identify cost and efficiency improvements, prepare CAPEX proposals, plan, design and execute.
- Manage small and larger projects including purchasing, execution, commissioning, start-up and training.
- Owner of 'as build' P&IDs
- Owner of the functional description of all automated processes.
The ideal candidate for the Process Engineer role will be/have:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Several years experience in a relevant engineering role
- Fully IT literate
- Full of ideas and initiatives and strong problem solving skills
- Precise attention to detail and methodological approach to work
- Great people skills
Competitive salary plus additional benefits