Up to £25,000
ref code: FMW17503
My client is a family run bakery specialising in premium quality handmade cakes
and deliciously indulgent treats.
We are now looking for a Food Specification Technologist to add to our passionate
1. Compile Customer Product Specifications and review and update them as required.
2. Ensure the company's food safety and quality objectives are met at all times.
3. Provide technical support to the company and all customers.
4. Compile and maintain Raw Material Specifications, get approval from Supplier and
Head of Technical. Co-ordinate with supplier to procure COA/COC of raw material
received. Ensure raw material specifications are up dated from time to time.
5. Keep abreast of legislation to ensure company compliance and communicate any
6. Assist in the benchmarking of products to ensure Technical Compliance to
7. Ensure new products are analysed according to customer requirements for Nutrition
and Shelf life.
8. Oversee process of artwork approval and printing
9. Manage the process for micro samples ensuring that all are recorded and sent to the
lab as required for NPD validation and surveillance testing
10. Completion of Quality Attribute sheets and any other Technical documentation
required by the customer.
11. Manage recipe cards / batch control sheets for the factory
12. Setting up of label ingredient panels and nutritional information for new products
• Experience of working with specifications – retailers (Waitrose and Asda experience
• Sound knowledge of labelling legislation and design
• Working knowledge of Food and Hygiene polices
• Understanding of Quality Management
• Ability to work as part of a team and to work on own initiative
• Planning and Organizing
• Ability to efficiently manage time and meet all deadlines
Please apply with the strictest confidence using the FoodManJobs website.
For any questions regarding the role, please contact Alex Thornton - 0208 203 1000 - email@example.com