Quality & Food Safety Manager
This medium size organisation is a true success story. From humble beginnings the business has organically grown and has recently moved to new premises along the Bath Road in Berkshire. Processing a range of bespoke products, the business supply into a range of further manufacturing processes such as the confectionary and brewery industry. Due to a senior member of the team retiring after many years’ service, the business now seeks an experienced food safety/quality professional to take full responsibility and ownership of the sites quality and technical agenda.
This will involve the management and effective running of the quality department and all related functions including food safety, supplier management and QSM. Ultimately, you will ensure all quality products are made to the highest standard and safely. This will involve achieving site objectives and ensure improvement in all aspects of quality and safety within the operation. This is a hand on role were you will personally be responsible for maintaining the BRC Grade AA with the assistance of the other technical members, responsible for being present and holding audits, factory trials, customer visits and high profile customer tours.
- Experience in BRC Audits/ customer audits.
- Ability to prioritise aspects of work as needed
- Ability to liaise with other factory Managers.
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in HACCP principles HACCP level 2/3 – advanced level 4 HACCP
- Food hygiene trained
- Can manage people/instruct/direct etc.
- Computer literate
- HPLC competent
- Manage all quality and technical requirements to ensure the site complies with the following standards (BRC, ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 18001:2007, Kosher, Fairtrade, Organic certificate).
- Review and maintain the site HACCP to ensure product safety and quality of all products.
- Management of the Hygiene/GMP / Glass & Sharps Audits.
- Liaise with customers to ensure that standards and requirements are met.
- Experience in the review and improvement of a HACCP and Quality Management system.
- An excellent team player showing maturity in dealing with a manufacturing and production environment, and the issues relevant to food safety.
- Reviewing and monitoring of team performance targets using company Key performance indicators to improve areas relating to Quality and Food Safety.
- Maintaining of raw material and packaging specifications.
- Maintaining recipe and customer data sheets.
- Dealing with customer technical queries.
- Auditing and approval of suppliers UK, Europe, Worldwide.
- Management of online product specification (Qadex, Sedex,) & Customer technical data.