An exciting opportunity has opened for a Maintenance Engineer join a progressive and successful, Kent-based, manufacturing business. The position has overall responsibility for engineering at the site based in Tonbridge, leading and directing the Engineering function, supporting business in project management and development of Continuous Improvement. This will be achieved through the management and maintenance of the manufacturing facility, production line and associated works.
My client are a market leading and very well established manufacturing business. Based in Tonbridge, Kent (but easily commutable from Medway), they are seeking an experienced and hands-on site based Maintenance Engineer to oversee all areas of maintenance engineering for their site. The business are doing fantastically and current growth plans involve a site extension, which this role will play an important part in.
The key responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer will involve:
- Introduce maintenance strategies that progress and support improvements to meet the site and business objectives.
- Ensure all reactive and planned maintenance is completed to the standards required and signed back to production in a proficient and timely manner.
- Metal Fabrication manufacturing
- Maximise the efficiency of the manufacturing processes by maintenance and improvement of workflow and organization
- Manage and monitor the planned maintenance requirements throughout the manufacturing processes.
- Take overall responsibility and project manage any engineering assignments within the factory.
- Continually review and develop a flexible engineering structure which supports the changing needs of the plant and the demands of the business.
- Plan and implement new manufacturing processes where the adoption of new technologies provides an opportunity to improve quality and efficiency
- Establish and manage relationships with service providers, including Service Level Agreements
- Production line management and maintenance
- Ensure Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- Assess, recommend and manage third party service contracts/suppliers and make capital investment proposals
The ideal candidate for the Maintenance Engineer role will have the following background:
- Experience of working within the manufacturing sector.
- Good multi-skilled engineering skills, with a particular bias/knowledge of electrical engineering.
- A hands-on engineering professional with the ability to take full ownership of an engineering function.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered the following:
- Highly competitive salary of £36,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience).
- 2 x annual bonuses
- Insurance Policy
- 20 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent company pension scheme