Based on the South West coast, we are DB Foods Ltd, one of the leading wholesalers in the UK supplying a comprehensive range of quality wholesale meat, poultry, game and deli products. We have a proven track record in supplying a diverse customer base including Restaurant Groups, Airlines, Cruise Ships, High Street & Catering Butchers, UK Multiples and Online Businesses.
We are looking for experienced Butchers to join our Production team. You will be responsible for boning or trimming a diverse range of meat in a fast paced, high speed factory environment. If you are an experienced knife handler such as a Chef or Retail Butcher, or you have worked as a Butcher within a factory environment, then this is the ideal role for you.
- Achieving yield targets by trimming or deboning and ensuring accurate portioning of against customer specification across beef, pork, lamb, venison, veal.
- Packaging of meat.
- Ensuring GMP Standards are followed.
- Operating machinery.
- Helping out in other areas of the factory as and when required.
Experience and Skills Required:
- FMCG desirable.
- Experienced knife handler to prepare food products, ideally in a fast paced, high speed meat processing, deboning and trimming line. We will consider applications from fishmongers, chefs and retail butchers.
- Knowledge of meat components desireable.
- Food Safety Level 2 desirable.
- First Aid At Work certificate desirable.
- Numeracy and reading skills required to work to customer specification.
- Willingness to work in a repetitive role.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
What We Offer:
- A highly competitive salary of up to £29,250 per annum.
- Growing company with career progression opportunities within the DB Foods Group.
- Discounted meat products.
- Straight shifts working 6.00am-3.30pm, Monday to Friday (some weekend work may be required).
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day off.