Our client is a well-known food manufacturing business with a large UK presence. A vacancy has arisen for a Packaging/Asset Planner to join the business based in West Sussex.
This role is a brilliant entry level position and offer scope to learn supply chain and planning with one of the best employers in the UK.
- The purpose of the role is to maintain stock levels of outer packaging within available capacity and returnable asset management.
- Keep good relations with the Logistics team and explore system capabilities to get to the point that we know every supplier crate on any site at any time.
- Ensure we always have enough pallets at each site to meet requirements.
- Call off packaging from Offsite storage sites to maintain supply but not exceed individual factory capacity.
- Ensure all delivered returnable trays are returned to source in a timely manner and documented accordingly to prevent queries.
- Working closely with the Material planning team and Logistics teams to ensure best financial solution to tray returns is adopted. Create and maintain the process of achieving £0 supplier trays
- Stock management or planning scheduling tool experience.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyse, evaluate and present data.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational skills and have the ability to prioritize differing demands and problem solving skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Understands the role of teamwork in providing an excellent service.
What’s on offer?
- The opportunity to work for a company who can offer genuine career prospects
- A competitive basic salary and benefits package
- If you would like to be considered for this position then please upload your CV today. If you have any questions please contact Fraser Armstrong at D R Newitt Recruitment.