Our client is a FMCG global organisation with multiple locations across Scotland.
They are currently seeking a Packaging Technologist.
Responsible for the development of all new packaging from concept through to launch and the continuous improvement / updates of existing packaging materials and specifications.
- Develop packaging solutions on time for projects in line with the project brief and business strategy
- Ensure Packaging formats are investigated and rationalised to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Provide Packaging technical expertise to the business.
- Provide comprehensive specifications for all new packaging components and maintain a library of existing packaging specifications
- Provide support (as required) at Packaging print proofing / passes on press
- Verify (sign off) packaging components for use and maintain records of such activities. This may include involvement in production trials.
- Liaise with the relevant departments on Packaging developments or packaging design including - Marketing, Purchasing, Production, Customer services, external suppliers and bottling locations.
- Problem solving – help resolve packaging issues / problems that arise.
- Work with graphic designers and suppliers on artwork development / realisation.
- Initiate and monitor on a continuous basis value analysis / value engineering activities.
- Innovation – Keep the business up to date with Technological innovations.
- Manage and own your professional development in order to achieve your work objectives and your career and personal goals.
- Provide Technical input into Procurement decisions relating to packaging.
- Ensure packaging waste compliance.
- Further education qualification (degree / diploma) in an appropriate technical, scientific or engineering subject or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Certificate or Diploma in Packaging would be advantageous
- 3 + years’ experience in a Packaging Technologist role.
- Full (clean) driving Licence.
- Proven background / track record in packaging development.
- Use of SAP would be advantageous Packaging process knowledge
- PC Literate. Knowledge of packaging development processes
- Demonstrate Influencing/communication/interpersonal and team working skills
- Good Organisational and planning skills.
- Cross functional team worker who works in partnership with others.
- The working hours will be 08:30 – 17:00 Monday – Thursday and 08:30 – 12:30 Friday
- Required to work additional hours as necessitated by the needs of the business.
What’s on offer?
- A salary of between £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
- Private Pension
- Health Care
- Life assurance
- 34 days leave per year
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.