Production Front Line Manager - Forest Gate
Production Front Line Manager
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis Forest Gate we are looking for a Production FLM to play a key role within the manaufacturing area. The role will consist of managing , developing and leading a team of bakery operators effectively to enable the teams to deliver challenging production volumes within a tight schedule, in compliance with H&S, Quality and Food Safety regulations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Lead, manage and develop their team consisting of shift-based production operatives.
- Assume responsibility for the Site during ‘out of hours’ periods; ie. night shifts and weekends.
- Develop and maintain an efficient manufacturing operation in alignment with the Business Strategy, Site Plan and Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure delivery of daily target production volumes and service levels.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and legal standards (Health & Safety, Quality, Food Safety, Environmental).
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the team by displaying a personal commitment to reducing waste, improving line performance and product quality.
- Demonstrate visible leadership through leading by example, challenging the status quo and exhibiting a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Manage and control labour costs in line with budget and continuously strive to identify opportunities to reduce costs and non value added activity.
- Ensure that any incident or near miss (Quality or Health & Safety) is investigated and corrective / preventative actions identified to mitigate the risk of a reoccurrence.
- Promote a team working culture by developing positive working relationships within the team and across the different functional teams on site.
Location: Forest Gate
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Senior Front Line Manager
Closing Date: 1st September 2017
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.