Our client is a global leader in the distribution of speciality chemicals and supplies a number of Food and Pharmaceutical manufacturers. With a large presence in the UK, they operate a number of distribution depots and it is at one of these, in the South West, they are looking to bring in a Site General Manager to run the depot.
The role will be to run the depot to achieve and maximise agreed budgeted EBITDA. The functions to be managed will include: Sales, Purchasing, Stock Control, Operations, Transport, Human Resources, H&S, Strategy and Planning.
- Plan, agree, deliver, and monitor EBITDA targets, cash flow and budgets.
- Organise and control the effective supervision of all key activities within the depot against the targets set.
- Regularly report on results, agree and ensure remediable action where required.
- Appraise train and develop staff both directly and through line managers.
- Ensure, through the operations manager, that the site operates within company policy and legal requirements at all times.
- Ensure that the depot operates within the stated company quality assurance procedures.
- Ensure the regular monitoring and delivery of customer service targets.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks or duties assigned by the appropriate line managers from time to time, related to the effective and efficient performance of the job, and providing they are within the post holders skills and ability.
- Working towards or member of an appropriate professional body.
- Degree or similar in Business, Marketing, Chemistry or related subjects or achieved or working towards supervisory management qualification with the Institute of Supervisory Management.
- Develop and maximize a profit driven centre.
- Motivate and develop a team, including succession planning.
- Manage people through effective appraisals, training and discipline and grievance policies.
- Organize the day-to-day operation of the depot.
- Problem solve.
- Prioritise, delegate and monitor.
- Communicate well with all interfaces and relationships.
- Delegate, set targets and monitor results
If you have the required skills and would like to hear more please apply today with your current CV and salary details. If you have any questions please call Jonathan Russell on 01133202430. We look forward to hearing from you.