My client is a well-established Food Manufacturer and an exciting opportunity arises to join the team...
Reporting into the Technical Manager key responsibilities will include the following:
1. To ensure and oversee the technical service the company provides
2. To ensure that products are manufactured according to legal and Customer requirements.
3. To ensure that the quality system is maintained to BRC standards and fully implemented.
4. To ensure that the quality system is regularly reviewed and updated accordingly.
5. Management of Team activities.
1. Manage the internal audit system to ensure all areas are audited accordingly to agreed schedules and that reports are submitted and followed up according to agreed timescales and standards.
2. To ensure that the quality system is maintained and reviewed. To cover specifications, manufacturing instructions and HACCP.
3. Dealing with customer audits and ensuring that the Company is approved. Actioning any non conformances and follow up.
4. Organising site HACCP team meetings according to documented timescales. Carrying our HACCP studies, on all new lines and review of existing lines.
5. Attend quality meetings in order to monitor and review performance and ensure any action points are followed up.
6. Monitoring suppliers performance thus ensuring by self audit questionnaire, history or audit that all suppliers meet the company's standards and requirements.
7. To carry out training of staff in Basic Food Hygiene and quality modules.
8. To keep up to date with any technical issues or advances which may affect the Company and take action as appropriate.
9. Assisting in the transfer of any new lines from concept to production. Providing technical support to all employees, management and directors.
You will be enthusiastic with a positive outlook. You will ideally have a food related Degree or equivalent coupled with experience of leading a team. You will have experience working to BRC and HACCP standards.
5% Contributory Pension
21 Days Holidays + Stats
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.